Apply Online Below!
Academy Criteria for Admission
Academy Criteria for AdmissionAdmission criteria for the Academy include:
- A high school cumulative GPA ≥ 3.0
- At least junior standing by fall of the admission year
- Successful completion of or enrollment in Algebra II in junior year
Student Application – For entry in Fall Quarter 2021
A complete application for acceptance into the Academy must include the following items.
- STEM Academy Demographic Information Form
- Three References – Please provide the names and e-mail addresses for three references (categories listed below) who can speak to your academic achievement, motivation, and potential to succeed in STEM degrees.
- 2 of your high school STEM teachers
- 1 administrator from your high school – Principal, Vice-Principal, or Counselor
- Essay – Please write a 1.5 page essay that addresses the following questions.
- Why do you think you are a good candidate for the academy
- What are your future career aspirations and how will enrollment in the academy assist you with attaining them?
- High School Transcript
- Proof of Tribal Enrollment/Descendancy (1st or 2nd Generation)
Once the items above have been processed and vetted, you may be invited to participate in a face-to-face interview, the final stage of the application process.
Deadline for receipt of applications is Tuesday May 26, 2020.
If you need assistance or further information please contact Mary Larson via email at Mary_Larson@skc.edu or by phone at 406-275-4995.
Follow the links below to fill out the demographic information and upload supporting documents to apply online.
- Student Application Form
- STEM Academy Student Essay Upload Link
- Student Transcript Upload Link
- Student Proof of Native American Heritage Upload Link